In this 'new economy' the increasingly sophisticated and highly-connected consumer expects more from brands; he or she wants personalization, relevance, convenience, simplicity, and proximity - all of this underscores the growing size and complexity of the digital marketing landscape, which necessitates an integrated approach.
Marketing silos must be torn down; communications processes must be re-worked; long-held paradigms must be shattered. Marketing orthodoxy needs to evolve to meet the formidable challenges facing brands today. To respond to the higher sophistication and expectation levels of the hyper-connected consumer, businesses need integrated digital marketing.
This course takes an in-depth look at how to take a brands product and message into the new economy.
- The context of media and what it means for marketers today.
- The global and South African “new economy” landscape.
- Essential industry terminology.
- How brands are using the web 2.0 framework to capture a greater share of the consumer wallet.
- The principles of user experience (UX) design.
- Web 2.0 best practices - navigation, design, writing, content, integration.
- Digital marketing strategy for web.
- Web analytics and the critical metrics that each marketer should use as part of any digital strategy.
- An overview of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Types of web marketing:
- eMail marketing
- Display marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Content marketing
- Local and Global case studies: best strategic approaches.
- Regulatory issues pertaining to web based marketing.
Who should attend
- Brand managers
- Marketing managers
- Sales executives
- Public relations professionals
- Media planners
- Strategic planners
- Corporate communications
- University graduates
You should bring an internet enabled device, notebook, tablet or smart phone along with an open mind and a willingness to engage and debate.
Marketing and the web landscape is an intense seminar which give you an-depth understanding of digital marketing and the plethora of online channels which can be used to take your product and message successfully into the new economy.
Full day (9am – 5pm)
JHB – Contact us for other regions.
R3200 + VAT per person
Groups (3+), previous students and Alumni Graduates qualify for 10% discount.
If you introduce 5 or more then you get the discount as a commission. (Only available for alumni.)